1 packet of spaghetti
- 5 – 6 dries red chillies, deseeded and ground to a coarse powder
- 5 – 6 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 4 slices of bread, ground to a fine powder in a mixer
- 1 teaspoon of mixed dry herbs/Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Heat water in a big saucepan with a few drops of oil and 2 teaspoons of salt
- Immerse the pasta in the hot water and cook till al dente.
- After it is cooked, strain and leave aside.
- Take a wok and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Then add the ground red chillies and sauté for a few more minutes till the colour changes to a deeper red.
- Add sugar and salt to the chillies and garlic and stir till everything gets mixed.
- After that, add the pasta to the mixture and stir.
- Take another small wok and dry roast the bread crumbs till they turn golden brown. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add a teaspoon of dried herbs to the breadcrumbs and mix.
- Add this to the pasta and mix.
- Taste to check for seasoning.
- Drizzle olive oil over it and serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with homemade garlic bread. To make some, take 4 slices of bread. Take a tablespoon of butter and melt it till it becomes slightly liquidy. Add 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic to the butter along with a little salt and pepper powder. Spread the mixture generously on each slice. Grate a little cheese on each slice and grill in the oven till the cheese melts and the bread becomes crisp.